Welcome to Health Makeover!
I’m your host for this website, Toby Cain, and I’d like to thank you for visiting here.
My aim is to provide you with top-notch helpful information about health and fitness.
I hope you enjoy what you read here and find it valuable. I’m trying to give you the best that I know. Just to get going, I thought I’d say a few words about health and fitness generally.
A lot of healthy lifestyle coaches will tell you that you need to exercise for at least an hour a day, cut out the carbohydrate or red meat from your diet in order to be healthy.
This is a misconception because you can still have a healthy lifestyle without making those drastic changes. It is all about making simple, sustainable changes to your day-to-day life that will ultimately lead to the desired lifestyle makeover. In this article, we will go through some of the steps you can take to kick-off your path to a healthy lifestyle.
Now, most important of all, before you start off implementing any lifestyle changes, you need to be very clear about the reasons behind you wanting to change.
The reason behind you wanting to change to a healthy lifestyle could be to get more energy to accomplish your day-to-day personal and professional tasks or it could be to set an example for your kids growing up. It is fundamental that you are clear about the reason behind you wanting to change your lifestyle because this is what is going to give you the motivation to stick with the changes that you will have to make along the way.
Start With Small Changes
The other key factor in trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle is to start small, with only a couple of changes at a time and then building up to more and more changes as time goes by because if you try and implement all the changes at once you will just get overwhelmed and you’ll just ditch the whole plan.
Without any further ado, here are some of the suggested changes to kick-off a sustainable healthy lifestyle:
- Drink more water – an adult should drink at least 2 liters of water a day. Most of us don’t drink enough and lack of water can lead to disrupted sleep and mood swings as well as low energy levels during the day. But most important of all, the body needs water to get rid of toxins, help fight yeast infections (like Yeastrol does), and therefore the more water the better. Water also promotes a healthy colon which will avoid health problems such as hemorrhoids (Venapro is our recommended cure for hemorrhoids).
- Eat more fruits and vegetables – this can be hard especially when ready meals and frozen foods are so easily available in the supermarkets and are very cheap. However, these types of foods are usually very high in calories and contain additives that can be harmful to your health. Vegetables and fruits on the other hand are low in calories and are natural and therefore will not be harmful to your health.
- Exercise regularly – Our body needs to stay active in order to be healthy. It is recommended to perform moderate exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. This can be as simple as walking your dog around the block, going for a short run or running on a treadmill like the LifeSpan TR 1200i, doing a workout (like Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire, Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, Insanity and Rip 60 among many others) or just walk somewhere instead of driving. By doing regular exercise, you will start finding that you have more energy during the day and this will also help you sleep better at night. If you have limited time to exercise but still want to get fit or strengthen your muscles, then there are now devices such as the Flex Belt that give you an effective abdominal workout while you go about your day as normal.
- Switch off the TV – By having the TV on when we are eating, we are less aware of what we’re eating and how much we are eating. There is also no conversation when the TV is on. Start to have meals at the dining table. The first benefit of eating this way is the fact that you will eat less and chew your food more, setting down your fork between each bite and this will mean that your body has to do less work to digest the food you are eating. You will also enjoy your food a lot more and savor each bite when there is no other distractions. Yet another benefit of eating this way is you will actually be aware when you’re no longer hungry and can just stop eating whereas most of us tend to just mindlessly eat bigger portions when we’re watching TV. By eating just enough for the body, you’re less likely to put on weight and therefore less likely to get obesity-related diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Cut down on soft drinks and sugary snacks – replace your soft drinks with water and your sugary snacks with healthier options such as nuts and raisins. The sugars in soft drinks and sugary snacks gives you an energy spike during the day and just causes you to crash soon afterwards. The other drawback of sugars is it makes you put on weight very easily because most people don’t use up the energy so the body just stores it as fat.
- Get enough rest – Make sure you get enough sleep at night and wind down before you go to sleep so that you get a deep sleep and wake up well rested. The body needs sleep to function properly and if you are not getting enough (if you snore for example), you are paving your way to health problems in the future.
- Take it easy – Everyone knows that stress is not good but what they don’t know is the fact that stress can be harmful to the health as well as having an effect on your mental state and mood. Stress can cause many problems for example high heart rate and blood pressure difficulties. Therefore, you need to find ways to relax everyday such as a bath or just reading a magazine with a cup of tea. Exercise is also another very good way to reduce stress and has the added benefit of getting you fitter.
After reading this article, you should now have a good idea of some of the basic changes required in your daily life in order to lead a healthier lifestyle.
It is as simple as that and make sure you don’t get swayed by people saying that you should make drastic changes to eating habits or exercise regime in order to lead a healthier lifestyle.