Treadmills are becoming more and more popular these days mainly because gym memberships are costly and people are so busy that they struggle to find time to go to the gym. This had led manufacturers to make treadmills with high specs for the home, a lot of them just as good as the ones you find in the gyms.
This article will give you an overview of the LifeSpan TR 1200i folding treadmill which has been one of the top picks for runners lately. We will also reveal genuine reviews from real users of this treadmill as well as the concerns and issues people have had with this treadmill.
What Is The LifeSpan TR1200i?
The LifeSpan treadmill TR1200i is a folding treadmill designed specifically for the home. It works well for any avid walker or runner whether your fitness goal is to lose weight, cardio, or training for a marathon.
The LifeSpan 1200i has the following basic specifications:
- Provides a running surface of 20" x 56" (50cm W x 142cm L) with 2-ply belt
- Deck suspension system supports weight of up to 300 pounds
- Contains a 2.5 horsepower continuous-duty motor
- Top speed of 11 mph with 15 incline levels
- Built-in speakers and iPod/headphone jack
- Folds to a compact size of 39" x 33"
What Is Unique About The LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill?
Now, there are quite a few treadmills on the market and a lot of those treadmills have the above or even better specs or features. However, the following unique features is the reason why the LifeSpan TR 1200i is a favorite over other brands and models when people are deciding which treadmill to buy.
- Included Club Membership - A full membership to LifeSpan Fitness Club is included when you buy the treadmill. This is a comprehensive online health management program which securely connects with your treadmill's built-in USB port and uploads all your exercise data every time you workout to allow you to track and manage your personal fitness goals. This club membership also allows you to download customized workout programs and keeps your treadmill updated with your personal information such as name, age, gender and weight so you do not have to go through setup screens every time.
- Intelli-Guard Safety Feature - This new technology allows the treadmill to automatically pause if it does not detect a foot strike for 20 seconds by tracking each time your foot strikes the belt. This is to prevent injuries during your workout.
- Intelli-Step Automatic Step Counting Feature - The treadmill also uses this data to count the steps you make and this data is then synced to the online Club account with the USB drive. This is perfect if you want an accurate display of effort. This is also a bonus if you are trying to meet daily step goals or are taking part in walking competitions.
- LCD Console With 17 Preset Workout Programs - This state of the art multi-colored console gives you several readouts including time, calories, distance, steps, heart rate, speed and incline level. It also gives you a choice of 17 preset workout programs (each with 20 program segments with its own speed and incline) designed by exercise physiologists for maximum safety, motivation and for all fitness goals. The treadmill also comes with 2 customizable programs where you can set the speed and incline for each of the 20 program segments and save them for the future.
- Heart Rate Control Programs - There are two My Zone heart rate control programs. The My Zone programs allows you to either keep your heart rate constant throughout your workout or do intervals where you can have your minimum and maximum heart rates set.
- Large Silicone Console Buttons - These buttons make it easier to make changes to your program while you are working out.
- Handle Bar Controls - These buttons are convenient as they allow you to adjust workout intensity and activate a heart rate monitor. You can use a chest strap receiver to monitor heart rate. However, the chest strap has to be purchased on top as it is not included in the package.
- Warranty - When you buy the treadmill, it comes with lifetime frame and motor warranty, 3 years parts warranty and 1 year labor warranty.
What Do Actual Users Think?
We have searched the internet high and low for genuine LifeSpan treadmill TR1200i reviews and we have found the following:
The LifeSpan TR1200i is presented as a very solid and reliable treadmill which is relatively easy to assemble:
High quality, very sturdy. I'm 6'2 and 210lbs and run on it just about every day. I've had it for months now and no problems at all...Assembly was pretty easy..
AA FL, Official website
In this LifeSpan TR 1200i folding treadmill review, the user claims that the treadmill is very quiet, has a good looking and clear console and folds up easily. They also claim that the controls on the handrails make it easy to change speed and incline instead of reaching out to the console while you are working out...
...With Lifespan TR 1200 Folding Treadmill we got a strong running surface with whisper quiet 2.5 hp motor, a sleek, attractive looking easy to read Color LCD console, Dual side handrail with speed and incline controls and a super easy folding system to save space wherever you wish to place this...
This person seems to really like the fact that the club membership allows you to track all your workout information...
The included fitness software is actually pretty cool. You put the USB in the treadmill and it logs all of your workout info onto the stick and then you upload it the site and it shows you your progress etc. It worked flawlessly, even with a MAC.
G. Kepnick, Official website
The TR 1200i is presented as having a wide range of preset programs as well as a couple of customizable programs to suit all fitness goals:
The electronics? Let's face it, we all love our electronic gadgets these days. Right out of the box the TR 1200i has preset programs for both adjustable speed increase / decrease and incline. The incline works awesome! My favorite workout takes me up the hill and back down. You can also manually adjust either the incline or the speed within the programs during your workout.
Tim Ward, Amazon.com
In this LifeSpan fitness TR1200i folding treadmill review, the user claims that the customer service is very good and fast...
...Lifespan representative called me back within one hour. Then the local technician called me in the next hour to explain the procedure and how to schedule the service. And the replacement cable was mailed to me in the same hour. Everything is done in the couple hours in the afternoon. The customer service team is very easy to reach, so reliable and super fast...
hander, Official website
The LifeSpan 1200i treadmill is presented as being low impact with its cushioned running surface:
Thanks to the excellent shock absorption system, jogging or walking on the treadmill is kind on the joints...
What Are The Issues?
We could not find any clearly negative reviews of this treadmill but just a couple of concerns users have had.
- Heavy - Most people thought the treadmill was quite heavy to transport. Our research shows that top end treadmills like the LifeSpan TR 1200i are relatively heavy as they have quite a lot of components in them just like the top end treadmills in the gym. Let's face it, once you have chosen a space for your treadmill, you are most likely going to just fold it up and down every day rather than move it around so this is not really a big issue.
- LifeSpan Club Membership - Some people have complained that they only received the membership for 4 months and then had to pay $69 for a lifetime membership. We looked into this further and it seems that people who have bought from other places rather than from Amazon did have this issue. If you buy from Amazon, then you get free lifetime membership.
- Weight Limit - If you are slightly heavier, users recommend that you go for the LifeSpan TR4000i model instead as it has a weight limit of 350 pounds compared to 300 pounds for the LifeSpan TR1200i. It also has a slightly bigger running area of 20 x 60 compared to 20 x 56 for the LifeSpan TR1200i. However, the LifeSpan TR4000i is more expensive compared to the LifeSpan TR1200i. You can get the LifeSpan TR 1200i folding treadmill best price by buying from Amazon by following the link at the bottom of the page.
What Comes In The Package And What Else Will You Need?
When the treadmill parts are delivered, you will have to assemble it which should be straight-forward by just following the instructions.
It comes with in-built speakers, integrated ipod/headphone jack and free membership to the LifeSpan fitness club. However, there are a few things that are essential to operate the treadmill properly which are not included in the package, detailed below:
- USB drive - Some user reviews on the internet pointed out that the USB drive is not included. We thought that this is not a big issue since USB drives are so cheap to buy. You can get this highly rated one and it will do the job fine.
- Lubricant - The manual says that lubricant should be applied before you first use the treadmill. However, this is not provided when you buy the treadmill. It is also recommended that you lubricate the belt after every 40 hours of use or every 3 months, whichever comes first. You can buy LifeSpan's own brand of lubricant from Amazon from this link.
- Mat - You will need a good mat on which to place the treadmill in order to protect your floors or carpet. You can get a LifeSpan starter kit which contains a mat and a lubricant on Amazon from here.
- Extended Warranty - If you are going to be using your treadmill a lot, you might want to get extended warranty for 4 or 5 years which will cover 100% parts and labor. You will see the options available to you on the Amazon order page for the treadmill and you can go for it if you want additional peace of mind.
Based on the above LifeSpan TR 1200i folding treadmill reviews, it seems that the treadmill is a good quality, durable and reliable treadmill with preset programs to suit all fitness goals. Therefore, if you want to kickstart your fitness journey, we recommend buying this model.